Dental Cleanings And Exams
Des Plaines Dentist
It is recommended by the ADA that everyone should visit the dentist at least twice per year to ensure optimal oral health. Our dental team will consistently provide you with high-quality professional cleanings and thorough preventive exams.
The purpose of a teeth cleaning is to rid the teeth of build-up harmful plaque that will cause gingivitis and without treatment will progress to periodontitis. During cleanings we will:
- remove soft guild-up called plaque
- remove hard build-up called calculus
- perform teeth polishing to help remove surface stains and prevent plaque from easily reattaching to your teeth
We will clean surfaces of your teeth that you may have missed during brushing and flossing. During your appointment, we will also:
- evaluate your overall health and oral hygiene
- check your bite and jaw for any problems
- evaluate your risk of tooth decay and gum or bone disease
- evaluate existing tooth restorations
- take dental X-rays if necessary
Regular professional dental cleanings and exams are essential for attaining a healthy mouth. Our talented and experienced team can provide gentle, yet thorough, dental cleanings and exams to help you maintain beautiful and healthy teeth, gums and smile.
Contact our Des Plaines dentist to request an appointment for a dental exam and cleaning.