Dentist Des Plaines, IL
Harmful bacteria on the tooth can lead to decay. Dr. Milejczyk can remove the decay and fill the area. Fillings can also be used to repair cracked or broken teeth and teeth that have been worn down. Fillings are made of tooth colored composite resin. This protects the tooth from infection and further decay.
When decay is left untreated, it will destroy the tooth structure and cause need for a root canal treatment. Tooth with severe decay will need to be extracted.
The process for placing a composite resin dental filling is as follows:
- The tooth is isolated from saliva to keep it dry.
- Dental anesthetic is used and decay is removed.
- The composite resin is placed in layers over the opening.
- A special light is used to harden each layer of composite resin material.
- After the tooth is filled, the composite resin is shaped to resemble a real tooth.
We can help you decide whether composite resin fillings are right for you. Composite resin does not only restores your teeth but also gives a natural-look.
You can decrease your risk of cavities and other dental diseases by:
▪ Brushing your teeth twice a day
▪ Flossing daily
▪ Keeping up with regular professional cleanings
▪ Avoid eating or drinking acidic or sugary foods and beverages
For more information on composite restorations, contact our dentist in Des Plaines.