An endodontist is a dentist with specialized training and experience in performing root canal treatment and preserving natural teeth.
Why is an endodontist different from a general dentist?
An endodontist has two or more years of advanced training in the diagnosis and treatment of issues involving your tooth roots and connected tissues. Unlike a general dentist who provides a wide range of services, our office specializes in endodontic treatments exclusively. An endodontist is an expert in root canal therapy, dental trauma, endodontic surgery, and similar treatments.
When should I see an endodontist?
You may want to see an endodontist for a variety of reasons. Some of these include:
- Being referred by our general dentist in 60016 for endodontic treatment
- Wanting a second opinion on a tooth that was recommended for extraction
- Trauma affecting your tooth root
- Root canal treatment recommended by your dentist
- You have a painful and/or infected tooth
An endodontic practice is solely focused on endodontic care, office is equipped with advanced technology for your comfort and high-quality treatment. If you have had dental trauma, are experiencing tooth pain, have been advised to have root canal treatment, or would like to see if a tooth can be saved, contact our Des Plaines, IL dental office for a refferal.